Be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate (minimum of 12 credits) student during the current semester and throughout the applicant’s term
- Provide documentation of Federal Work-Study.
- Commit to two consecutive semesters as an Inclusion and Multicultural Engagement Ambassador program.
- Be prepared to commit an average of 10 hours per week with a minimum of 8 hours per week
- Maintain a 2.5 cumulative G.P.A.
- Be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the University with no repeated violations of the University Code of Student Conduct.
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) Trainers
Trained Peer Diversity and Inclusion Educators who will facilitate intergroup dialogue
Federal Work-Study Positions
These Ambassadors are expected to staff the front desk as well as serve as Pillar Chairs in each area
Center for Inclusion and Multicultural Engagement Marketing
These Ambassadors are responsible for creating marketing and promotional materials, newsletters and managing social media outlets for the Center for Inclusion and Multicultural Engagement
These Ambassadors are expected to assist in staffing the front desk of each center as well as assist in the planning of area initiatives alongside Pillar Chairs and the Graduate Assistant
Essential Job Functions
Staff the front desk of one of our 6 centers: (Asian Pacific Islander Desi Student Engagement, Black Enrichment Center; Hispanic Engagement Center “La Salita”; Institute of Black Culture, Institute of Hispanic & Latino Cultures “La Casita”, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual Transgender & Queer Student Engagement “Rainbow Suite”) and the Center for Inclusion and Multicultural Engagement front desk during the weekday, (10 a.m. - 8 p.m.)
- Staff the front desk and refer students and staff to appropriate areas as needed by administrative assistance.
- Table for Preview and other tabling opportunities
- Conduct tours of suites and each area as needed by patrons
- Assist with departmental initiatives and programs
- Plan and coordinate initiatives in one or more areas above in collaboration with the Graduate Assistant & Director in the area
- Attend monthly departmental staff meetings and area meetings determined by the Director
- Perform other duties as assigned by the area