Office of Hispanic-Latinx Student Engagement
The Office of Hispanic-Latinx Student Engagement under the Center for Inclusion and Multicultural Engagement, advocates on behalf of Hispanic, Latino, Latina, and Latinx populations and offers support to the University of Florida and the Gainesville community through various programs, resources and networking opportunities in order to help facilitate cultural awareness and empowerment.
In the summer of 1954, the University of Florida purchased two white frame buildings at 1510 and 1504 West University Avenue and turned them over to the Dept. of Housing to manage. 1504 was first used as a fraternity space where 17 men lived in the house which was known as The King’s house. Then the house became the International Center that helped students with visas and adjusting to life in the U.S. as well as at UF. This space has also housed the UF English Department.