Responsibilities may vary with the needs of the program. It is imperative that the Transition Ambassador remains in regular communication with the Program Administrator to remain apprised of any important UMMP information or updates.
Some responsibilities may include:
- Attend Transition Ambassador orientation
- Participate in regular Transition Ambassador meetings
- Meet regularly as a group to plan UMMP meetings/activities and effectively communicate with one another
- Assist with planning and attend program-wide events/programs, monthly programs, academic college events
- Serve on a program-wide committee, such as newsletters, social events, etc.
- Develop a rapport with students in their knowledge community
- Communicate accurate and timely information to students about UMMP and other important events
- Engage in passive and active communication weekly with the knowledge community: emails, phone, 1:1, social media, etc.
- Be cognizant of the transitional needs of first year students and/or transfer students
- Be accessible and serve as an information resource for their knowledge community
- Serve as an academic and social role model
- Full-time enrolled student at UF
- Minimum 2.75 Cumulative GPA or higher
- Commit to work a minimum of 1 hour per week in the UMMP office and attend a 2 hour team meeting bi-weekly. There will be additional flexible hours for monthly programs and events.
- Exhibit the ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Exhibit leadership potential and a strong commitment to the mission of the University Minority Mentor Program to help first generation students make a positive transition to UF
- Not have been found in violation of the UF Student Code of Conduct
- Agree to abide by professional and ethical standards of conduct, including following all university regulations and civic laws, from the point of selection through the duration of the program. [Transition Ambassadors may be dismissed if they are found in violation of any civic law or university regulation.]