• Be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate (minimum of 12 credits) student during the current semester and throughout applicant’s term
• Provide documentation of Federal Work Study.
• Commit to two consecutive semesters with the MCDA Ambassador program.
• Be prepared to commit an average of 10 hours per week with a minimum of 8 hours per week
• Maintain a 2.5 cumulative G.P.A.
• Be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the University with no repeated violations of University Code of Student Conduct.
• Commit to
– Attending the Fall Retreat August 19-20 2017
– Attend Gatorship in the Fall (or Spring)
– Attending Monthly Staff Meetings (September 11, October 12, November 13, December 7)
• Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) Trainers
– Trained Peer Diversity and Inclusion Educators who will facilitate intergroup dialogue
• Federal Work Study Positions
– These Ambassadors are expected to staff the front desk as well as serve as Pillar Chairs in each area
• MCDA Marketing
– These Ambassadors are responsible for creating marketing and promotional materials, newsletters and managing social media outlets for MCDA
– These Ambassadors are expected to assist in staffing the front desk of each center as well as assist in the planning of area initiatives alongside Pillar Chairs and the Graduate Assistant
• Staff the front desk of one of our 6 centers: (Asian Pacific- Islander American Affairs; Black Enrichment Center; Hispanic Engagement Center “La Salita”; Institute of Black Culture, Institute of Hispanic & Latino Cultures “La Casita”, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual Transgender & Queer Affairs “Rainbow Suite”) and the MCDA front desk during the week day, (10:00am-8:00pm)
• Staff the MCDA Front Desk and refer students and staff to appropriate areas as needed by Administrative Assistance.
• Table for Preview and other tabling opportunities
• Conduct tours of MCDA Suite and each area as needed by patrons
• Assist with MCDA initiatives and programs
• Plan and coordinate initiatives in one or more of the MCDA areas above in collaboration with the Graduate Assistant & Director in the area
• Attend monthly MCDA staff meetings and area meetings determined by the Director
• Perform other duties as assigned by area